Some people like to throw a fancy dinner party, and that is great for a certain crowd. But if you are the type that prefers to leave pretence at the office. Your idea of a good time is probably being out back in comfortable clothes and surrounded by laughter and flame-forged meals. Backyard barbeques are not the place to be obsessive, but there is a perfectionist in all of us that wants to hit all the right notes. Here are a few tips to help ensure your next barbeque goes off without a hitch.
- Create Your Studio: The ultimate barbeque won’t happen if you have poor equipment. The ultimate setup is a BBQ kitchen. Ultimately, you should have a good-sized grill, cooking hobs, A fridge, a sink, a prep island, and a covering so rain doesn’t ruin your day. You can even buy first class BBQ rangehoods that let you cook up a storm without succumbing to smoke inhalation.
- Accommodations: If you want your guest to have a good time you are going to need lots of places to sit, and preferably away from the grill. Lots of chairs and several places to set down drinks and plates will create the required relaxing atmosphere.
- Early Preparation: Waiting around for food to cook can be a party killer. A proper chef has all the items, that can be prepared beforehand, ready to go before the guests arrive. If you have a smoker, get that started in the morning. That leaves grill items. For maximum efficiency do as many burgers as you can at the same time, then load the grill again. With steaks, you should have them come off the grill at the same time, Start the well-done/ medium well steaks earlier.
- Games: Have assorted outdoor games and activities available. Keeping the kids occupied helps everyone have a good time. Make sure there is enough room for the games you choose.
- Mixed Menu: Don’t be afraid to mix things up, make an assortment of grilled items, ribs, sausages, corn on the cob. Shish kabobs are always popular. It is also a good idea to ask guests to bring side dishes. It takes a little pressure off you and ensures variety.
If you have the attitude that whatever happens, you are still going to have fun. You will create the essential good time vibe. Even if you put way too much effort into everything and no one seems to notice, be assured, they see the hard work you did. Just enjoy yourself and you will soon be a BBQ legend.